Monday, November 15, 2010

Great Ideas In Beer, Please give your two cents.

All I know is that waiting tables at the OG is killing me on the inside and leaving me with days of yearning for something better. I am college educated and passionate about my beer, so there has to be something out there for me. I need some input.

So I am sitting around trying to figure out where I want to take my love for beer. Right now I am at a point in my life where I can do anything I want to. I a 24 year old with a passion for great beer, the outdoors and sustainable living who has a degree. I want to incorporate these loves into one seemingly endless career that is stress free and brewful. So far I have come up with the following:

-first nano brewery (under 7 BBLs a year) in Bend, OR. I met a fellow who is interested in doing the same thing so I might just have to team up with him.

-Hookah Bar with the nano brewery in back.

-be the first BYO store in Bend, where people can come and use my equipment to brew a batch of beer which I will nurse and monitor for them. There will be a nano-brewery involved some way.

-work at a brewery here in town, this is something I need to just actually get off my ass and do though. I should have some kind of desire to push around kegs and scrub stainless steal for days on end.

-become a cicerone and educate people about beer and how to store, serve and drink the fine beverage. I would basically just be a beer advisor and through tasting parties. Not sure how to make any money doing this.

-become an energy auditor around town. Free consultation and then I will be charging a flat fee for the audit.


any ideas?


-

2 comments:

  1. Umm..what is a nano-brewery

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Nano-brewery is one which produces less than 7 barrels of beer a year.

    ReplyDelete