Thursday, October 28, 2010

Old Mill Brew Werks

Yesterday I went to Old Mill BrewWerks to attend a "leads" meeting that was advertised on Craigslist. This is a beer bar very close to my house.

Old Mill Brew-Werks is a new addition to the beer scene in Bend. With a full bar, delicious selection of beers from around the globe. Including one of my personal favorites that is only found in bottles generally. Their prices ranging from 4-9 dollars and they have plans slated for starting their own brewery right outside of town in Terrebonne, I expect this place to be around for a while. The exterior is reminiscent of a dental office but once you enter the door you get an immediate feel like you are entering a domain for beer. The bartender/owner is helpful with getting you the right beer or drink for you and willing to answer any question that pops into your mind. He even helped find a local band to go see down the street.


The interior is set up like you are sitting in a gnomes house. I was hoping that this would be a great way to do some networking for employment in "anything" beer related or just a way to make a brewing buddy. I'm pretty sure I did both. Only time can tell though. I was offered a "job" which basically just means that they want me to help find any kind of grants for their up and coming brewery. I might do this, but I also might not, it doesn't really sound like something I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment