Thursday, December 9, 2010

First Runnings of SNow beER


We tapped the keg after the experiment of force carbonating continuously for 48 hours. According to the CO2 chart I have, there should be 2.39 volumes of CO2 in my beer because my kegerator is set at 40 F and I set the regulator at 11 PSI. When we tapped the keg there was not 2.39 volumes of CO2 in this beer. It was flat but I could see very tiny bubbles coming up from the bottom and along the glass. I knew that I was running low on CO2 but I didn't expect that THE CO2 WOULD RUN OUT OVER NIGHT!
When this happens there is no longer any kind of carbonation happening and I was left with only one option. After getting another CO2 cylinder, and Since there was pressure on the keg that I did not want to release I decided to just turn the keg on its side and crank the CO2 up to 30 PSI and shake it around for two minutes. The good ol Crank and Shake method.

We also put together another recipe while at the store and will make this batch tomorrow night so stay posted.

CHeers to BeeRS

No comments:

Post a Comment