Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Racking the Hop Mound

I racked the Hop Mound (Previously known as the Red Riding hop, but got a name change when the beer did not turn out red at all and instead had a huge hop mound inside the fermentor) today yesterday into my secondary fermentor and I lost 1/2 gallon of beer in translation. I am not surprised at this due to the amount of whole leaf hops that were added to the primary fermentor. First judgement of smell is reminiscent of a floral bouquet with a slight bitter scent to it. The beer will be transfered to my cleaned and sanitized keg tomorrow while we are brewing up the recipe that Matt and I put together the other day.

I put the Siebels admission letter in the mail today. So as long as snail mail during the holidays doesn't let me down, I will soon be on my way to beginning the second step in building my beer empire.

HORRAY

Cheers to Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment