Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tertiary Fermentation and then Kegging


We racked the beer back into my glass carboy because the spout on my plastic bottling bucket/secondary fermentor started to leak when I turned it. I put 3 capfuls of iodophor into my carboy and filled with water. After waiting 5 minutes, I then poured that into my sani bucket with my 3/4 inch tubing used for transferring beer and all the unassembled parts for my keg
.
After racking we got to taste, and what a taste is was. It was warm and un-carbonated but it had a delicious vanilla and roasted pumpkin flavor. It has a dense cinnamon and biscuit nose with a medium orange body.
After the taste test, we poured the sani solution into the keg and let sit for a few minutes with the tubes again
.
We ended up kegging four gallons and then bottling a half gallon. I used 1/3 cup brown sugar boiled in pot of water for the keg and then four and half TSP of brown sugar for the bottles. Pouring your priming solution into the keg and then purging with CO2 before and after the addition of the beer is the best method. Once the keg is full, attach the lid and purge again to check for a seal.
Similar method for bottling as well only add the priming sugar to the bottling bucket on top of the beer and then bottle
.
LOOK ITS SNOWING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment